Back by popular demand for the second annual Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO) will be “The Dealer Experience – Your Guide to Profitability.” The trade show will be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center, Thursday, Oct. 23–Saturday, Oct. 25, in Louisville.
“The Dealer Experience,” sponsored by Stihl Inc. and Ariens Company and hosted by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) and the North American Equipment Dealers Association, offers many benefits to dealerships of all sizes, including:
• Education (Oct. 23 and 24) that provides dealers with step-by-step recommendations for improving profits
• A discussion between Fred Whyte, president of Stihl Inc., and Dan Ariens, president of Ariens Company, on what lies ahead for the outdoor power equipment industry
• A Dealer Club for relaxing, checking e-mail, enjoying refreshments, networking, and resting
• Exclusive early admission to the show floor at 8 a.m. each day
• Lunches and other networking opportunities with dealers from around the world
• A panel of landscape contractors discussing specific things dealerships can do to earn more of their business
Bill Harley, president and CEO of OPEI, said dealers will have first-hand access to advice from successful dealers who will serve as panelists. They will discuss topics such as streamlining brands, building margins, writing a budget, planning for the next generation, competing with “big boxes,” utilizing the resources available to dealers, and providing services that will result in larger profits.
The schedule of events for “The Dealer Experience” will be as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 23
Noon–1:30 p.m. – Build Beneficial Relationships with Contractors to Build Your Bottom Line
1:30–2:15 p.m. – What’s Next: A Look to the Future of the OPE Industry; a conversation with Stihl President Fred Whyte and Ariens Company President Dan Ariens
2:30–4:30 p.m. – Propel Your Company to Success with Value-Driven Marketing Practices
Friday, Oct. 24
Noon–1:30 p.m. – Successful Business Planning 101
1:30–2:15 p.m. – Dealers in Excellence Awards presentation, sponsored by Ariens, Stihl, Equipment & Engine Training Council and GIE+EXPO.
2:30–4:30 p.m. – Valuable Resources for Hiring, Training and Retention
Pre-registration is required for “The Dealer Experience.” Onsite registration for “The Dealer Experience” will not be available. The only charge is $15 for box lunches during the 1:30 p.m. sessions on Oct. 23 and 24.
Pre-registration for a three-day pass to the trade show is $10 per person. The trade show admission for those who wait to register onsite will be $50. To pre-register online for “The Dealer Experience” and the trade show and to reserve hotel rooms, go to www.gie-expo.com. Dealers who register online will be eligible for a drawing for flight certificates to the Caribbean, sponsored by Ariens and American Airlines.
To register by mail, call Sellers Expositions at (800) 558-8767 or (812) 949-9200 to request a brochure.