InStart is Briggs & Stratton’s easiest electric-starting engine and is debuting on the world’s first lawn mower to combine the power of gas and the starting reliability of lithium-ion battery technology. Available in early 2015, the InStart starting system requires no prime, no choke, and no rope to pull. The engine experts at Briggs & Stratton added lithium-ion battery technology as a starting option because of its many benefits, including:
* Reliability for starting gas-powered engines
* Quick, reliable charging: It’s fully charged in one hour, which delivers up to 75 starts and is good for the entire mowing season. Ten minutes of charging provides 20 starts, making it easy to mow the lawn if there are time constraints.
* The battery pack is lightweight and mobile, and it requires no tools.
* Batteries last longer than traditional batteries found on mowers.
* It replaces lead acid battery technology, which is more eco-friendly.
Briggs & Stratton’s InStart starting technology will be featured on Cub Cadet mowers and available in early 2015 at Cub Cadet dealers and Costco Wholesale.
For additional information about the Briggs & Stratton InStart engine, visit www.briggsandstratton.com.