Topping last year’s record-setting show, the 2015 Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO) — which will be held Wednesday, Oct. 21 (Dealer Day), through Friday, Oct. 23, at Louisville’s Kentucky Exposition Center — is shaping up to be the largest ever. With 195 new exhibitors, including those in the co-located Hardscape North America (HNA); stepped-up participation from returning exhibitors; an increase in attendee registrations; and high registrations for dealer and contractor education programs, GIE+EXPO participation from all segments of the industry is going strong.
* Overall, attendee pre-registrations are up 14 percent over 2014.
* Exhibitor participation is up with 195 new exhibitors, an increase in space for many large-scale exhibitors and a total of more than 850 GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibits, indoors and out.
* The Outdoor Demonstration Area will be the largest ever and will feature some elaborate exhibits, including UTV test tracks and other exciting features.
* More new product introductions are expected, with more than 100 products in the New Products Showcase and more than 25 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
* Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+EXPO, has increased in size by 13 percent over 2014.
* GIE+EXPO Workshop registration is up 40 percent.
* Technician training and certification is expected to draw more than 300 participants, and five free management classes taught by dealership consultant Bob Clements are each expected to draw more than 300.
* Dealer programming, including the opening keynote luncheon and Dealer Summit, are expected to draw more than 400 participants.
HNA, which first co-located with GIE+EXPO five years ago, has agreed to co-locate through 2018. HNA has outgrown its space and will relocate to the North Wing in 2016. This will allow GIE+EXPO to move the Dealer Resource Pavilion onto the show floor and provide space for GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibitors to expand.
GIE+EXPO’s 2015 dates are Wednesday, Oct. 21 (Dealer Day), and Thursday and Friday, Oct. 22-23, for all industry participants. The annual event is sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP). For more information, read OPE’s “GIE+EXPO 2015 Show Preview” at https://outdoorpowerequipment.com/2015/10/07/gieexpo-2015-show-preview/8292/ or visit GIE+EXPO’s website at www.gie-expo.com. Other contact points include Facebook, firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter @GIE_EXPO and (800) 558-8767/(812) 949-9200.