The Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) announced August 17 that it is launching the Propane Equipment Dealer Point. The online search tool allows commercial landscaping contractors to find the nearest knowledgeable dealers offering propane-powered mowers. Propane equipment dealers can also sign up — free of charge — to be listed as a propane equipment dealer on the Dealer Point.
“Until now, it took a lot of work for contractors to find a location to buy propane mowers and for dealers to find a contractor looking at alternative fuel equipment,” said Jeremy Wishart, deputy director of business development at PERC. “Providing the contact information of dealers in a way that is easy to search will ease the frustration of digging through OEM dealer locators that may not offer propane models.”
The benefits for a contractor:
- Finding a local propane equipment dealer is as easy as typing in a ZIP code.
- It verifies that a local equipment dealer not only carries propane mowers, but is also knowledgeable about the equipment, too.
The benefits for a dealer:
- Potential customers are sent straight to the dealer’s doorstep.
- The dealer is presented as a go-to source for information about propane equipment.
- The dealer gets access to educational materials on propane equipment, as well as the benefits of the fuel, such as reduced greenhouse gas emissions and low maintenance costs.
In a recent survey commissioned by PERC, 34 percent of contractors reported they were considering using propane to fuel their fleets within three years, which highlights the importance of the Propane Equipment Dealer Point in connecting them with nearby dealers. Since 2012, propane mower purchases have grown by 300 percent, and the number of OEM SKUs has grown by 500 percent — all reasons for dealers to get in on the propane mower market.
Dealers and contractors can also take advantage of PERC’s website by using the Find a Propane Retailer tool to partner with a propane marketer and make the conversion process simple. Propane.com offers additional information about the savings contractors can have by adopting propane, the Propane Mower Incentive Program and state financial incentives for alternative fuel, and testimonials from contractors who have grown their business through propane.