Cub Cadet is announcing a renewed commitment to the professional market. Led by the completely redesigned PRO Z Series, Cub Cadet is launching its strongest commercial zero-turn mower lineup designed around the professional who relies on the delivery of strength and performance day in and day out.
Professionals will be able to experience the PRO Z Series for the first time when Cub Cadet publicly unveils the new lineup at GIE+EXPO in Louisville, Ky., Oct. 20-21. Attendees are encouraged to visit Cub Cadet’s indoor booth 5116 and outdoor showcase area to test-drive the product, talk to product engineers, and hear from landscapers who were part of the testing process.
In developing the PRO Z Series, Cub Cadet went back to the drawing board. This meant questioning everything from the front-end construction to the placement of user controls to the cutting deck.
Cub Cadet enlisted 100 landscapers who put the new products through rigorous real-world testing during the heat of the season. After 16 weeks and thousands of hours of professional validation testing, their feedback was incorporated into the final product design. Every element of the PRO Z Series had to apply for its job by showcasing the strength and functionality needed for daily use by professionals. Each element on the machines was reviewed, analyzed, and tested before making it into the PRO Z lineup.
Reaction from professional landscapers ranged from “more beefy than most mowers” to “stripes fantastically” and “it will ‘wow’ you.” The consistent themes from professionals who tested the new product line were the positive impressions about the power, comfort, quality of cut and maneuverability — especially on slopes. Not only did the PRO Z provide an easy ride, it helped prevent “scalping” of the lawn on uneven terrain.
The lineup consists of the PRO Z 100, PRO Z 500, PRO Z 700 and PRO Z 900 Series designed to meet the specific needs of different-sized landscape crews. Cub Cadet’s most reliable line of PRO Z commercial zero-turn mowers provides more strength, performance and comfort than ever.
* Strength – From frame to front yoke, the PRO Z Series is designed to stand up to the demands of everyday professional use. The industry’s only triple 7-gauge deck features 3 layers of 7-gauge steel, plus 1/4-inch leading edge and 5/16-inch side reinforcements. The full-length, laser-cut steel frame, the 5/16-inch steel rear bumper and the cutting deck are protected with e-coating – a precise, multi-stage process that provides automotive-grade corrosion defense.
* Performance – High-torque Parker transmissions are paired with high-horsepower commercial-grade Kawasaki engines to provide optimal and consistent blade tip speed. The PRO Z Series powers through the thickest grass in a single pass at maximum speeds. Productivity-enhancing features optimize rear weight distribution, including pre-drilled mounting points for attachments and smart fuel pod placement. The steering wheel zero-turn option with 4-wheel control increases hillside stability and maximizes job efficiency.
* Comfort – Operators will experience a smooth ride all day long with the enhanced comfort features of the PRO Z Series. High-back suspension seats with lumbar support and padded armrests come standard. The PRO Z 700 and 900 Series absorb impact on rough terrain with a pivoting front axle dampening system, a vibration isolating foot pan and 4 seat isolators. The PRO Z 900’s exclusive air-ride seat has customizable seat firmness and additional controls for the ideal fit.
Cub Cadet’s PRO Z Series is designed to fit the needs of any crew, featuring pre-drilled mounting points and fitting locations for an array of attachments, such as:
- Electric PTO drive bagging system
- Triple-bag or clamshell bagging systems
- Remote deck discharge block-off
- Deck-mounted striping roller kit
- Electronic-powered deck lift
- 72-inch snow blade and tire chains
- 12-volt outlet and light kit
- Mulch kit