Topping the last two record-setting years, the 2016 Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO) – slated to take place Wednesday, Oct. 19 (Dealer Day), to Friday, Oct. 21, at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky. – is shaping up to be even bigger. With more than 230 new exhibitors, including those in the co-located Hardscape North America (HNA); increased exhibit space – both indoors and outdoors; new education and big-name speakers on the lineup, exhibitors stepping up participation, GIE+EXPO participation from all segments of the industry is going strong.
- Attendee pre-registration is running ahead of last year’s 11-percent increase.
- Exhibitor participation is up with 230 new exhibitors, an increase in space for many large-scale exhibitors and a total of more than 900 GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibits, indoors and out. The indoor show floor will be 80,000 square feet larger – a 17-percent increase over 2015.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area will be 20 acres, up from 19. It will feature some elaborate exhibits, including UTVs and other exciting features.
- More new product introductions are expected, with a sold-out New Products Showcase and more than 30 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
- Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+EXPO, has increased in size by more than 25 percent over 2015. It will be held in the North Wing this year to accommodate its growth.
- More than 700 GIE+EXPO contractor attendees are expected to sign up for hardscape education presented by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
- Pre-registration for education is up across the board, and new programming – including the Dealer Day keynote luncheon, two Power-Up morning sessions for dealers and an opening keynote for landscapers – is going strong.
- The new UTV University is expected to draw more than 350 registrants.
- The Kentucky Turfgrass Council has moved its annual Golf & Sports Turf Management Conference to be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center, alongside GIE+EXPO.
- Exhibitors are contributing to the excitement with a wide variety of giveaways, including:
– FABULOUS FRIDAY $10,000 GIVEAWAY: Every show registrant receives an entry form and instructions for entering along with their badge. You must be present Friday, Oct. 21, to win. Sponsored by Belgard.
– STIHL: One lucky dealer will win $5,000 during Wednesday’s dealer welcome reception.
– GRAVELY: One landscape contractor will win Gravely’s Equipment Giveaway. An entry form and instructions will be sent with each registration badge. The winner will be drawn on Friday, Oct. 21, at 3 p.m.
– CUB CADET: The PRO Z 900 is the flagship series of Cub Cadet’s new commercial zero-turn mowers. Visit the Cub Cadet booth 5116 for a chance to win.
– PROJECT EVERGREEN/EXMARK: Project EverGreen, in conjunction with Exmark Manufacturing, is offering a chance to win an Exmark Lazer Z-X Series Mower – a $14,000 value. The drawing will be October 21 in the Project EverGreen booth 10154 at GIE+EXPO. (Winner need not be present.) Individual tickets are $10 or 6 tickets for $50; 12/$100; 18/$150; 24/$200. All proceeds support the Project EverGreen’s “Healthy Turf. Healthy Kids.” Initiative.
– SFA COMPANIES EVO IX GIVEAWAY: SFA Companies is giving away an EVO IX indoor cycle. Stop by booth 6018 to enter for a chance to win.
– ROBOMOW: Attendees can stop by the RoboMow booth (24092) to enter for a chance to win a robotic lawn mower.
– MEAN GREEN MOWERS: Mean Green Mowers is giving away a powerful, quiet, electric backpack blower. Visit the Mean Green Mowers booth (21090) to enter.
For more information and online registration for GIE+EXPO 2016, visit www.gie-expo.com. Other contact points include: Facebook, info@GIE-EXPO.com, Twitter @GIE_EXPO and (800) 558-8767/(812) 949-9200. GIE+EXPO is an annual event sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).