Topping the last two record-setting years, the 2016 Green Industry & Equipment Expo (GIE+EXPO) is even bigger. With more than 230 new exhibitors, including those in the co-located Hardscape North America (HNA); increased exhibit space – both indoors and outdoors; new education and big-name speakers on the lineup; and exhibitors stepping up participation, GIE+EXPO participation from all segments of the industry is ahead of last year.
- Attendee pre-registration is running ahead of last year’s 11-percent increase.
- Exhibitor participation is up with 230 new exhibitors, an increase in space for many large-scale exhibitors and a total of more than 900 GIE+EXPO and HNA exhibits, indoors and out. The indoor show floor is 80,000 square feet larger – a 17-percent increase over 2015.
- The Outdoor Demonstration Area is 20 acres, up from 19. It will feature some elaborate exhibits, including UTVs and other exciting features.
- More new product introductions are expected, with a soldout New Products Showcase and more than 30 exhibitors hosting press conferences.
- Hardscape North America, co-located with GIE+EXPO, has increased in size by more than 25 percent over 2015. It is in the North Wing this year to accommodate its growth.
- More than 900 GIE+EXPO contractor attendees are expected to sign up for hardscape education presented by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute.
- Pre-registration for education is up across the board, and new programming for dealers, including the Dealer Day keynote luncheon with Jason Dorsey and two Power-Up morning sessions featuring Mark Mooney and Olympic Gymnast Shannon Miller.
- The new opening keynote for landscapers, featuring Papa John’s founder John Schnatter, is sold out.
- The new UTV University is expected to draw more than 350 registrants.
- The Kentucky Turfgrass Council has moved its annual Golf & Sports Turf Management Conference to be held at the Kentucky Exposition Center alongside GIE+EXPO.
- Exhibitors are contributing to the excitement with a wide variety of giveaways, including:
* FABULOUS FRIDAY $10,000 GIVEAWAY – Every show registrant receives an entry form and instructions for entering along with their badge. You must be present Friday, Oct. 21, to win. Sponsored by Belgard.
* STIHL – One lucky dealer will win $5,000 during Wednesday’s dealer welcome reception.
* GRAVELY – One landscape contractor will win Gravely’s Equipment Giveaway. An entry form and instructions will be sent with each registration badge. The winner will be drawn on Friday, Oct. 21, at 3 p.m.
* CUB CADET – The PRO Z 900 is the flagship series of Cub Cadet’s new commercial zero-turn mowers. Visit the Cub Cadet booth 5116 for a chance to win.
* PROJECT EVERGREEN/EXMARK – Project EverGreen, in conjunction with Exmark Manufacturing, is offering a chance to win an Exmark Lazer Z-X Series Mower – a $14,000 value! The drawing will be October 21 in the Project EverGreen booth 10154 at GIE+EXPO. (Winner need not be present). Individual tickets are $10 or 6 tickets for $50; 12/$100; 18/$150; 24/$200. All proceeds support the Project EverGreen’s “Healthy Turf. Healthy Kids.” Initiative.
* SFA COMPANIES EVO IX GIVEAWAY – SFA Companies is giving away an EVO IX indoor cycle. Stop by booth 6018 to enter for a chance to win.
* ROBOMOW – Attendees can stop by the RoboMow booth (24092) to enter for a chance to win a robotic lawn mower.
* MEAN GREEN MOWERS – Mean Green Mowers is giving away a powerful, quiet, electric backpack blower. Visit the Mean Green Mowers booth (21090) to enter.
* AGRI-FAB – Agri-Fab will give away a Split Second Log Splitter. Stop by booth 7164 to register and find out how you can become a Split Second dealer.
* MINITRENCHER – MiniTrencher is giving away a new MiniTrencher. Stop by booth 22090 to enter.
GIE+EXPO is an annual trade show sponsored by the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, Inc. (OPEI), Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP). For more information, visit www.gie-expo.com. Other contact points include Facebook, info@GIE-EXPO.com, Twitter @GIE_EXPO and (800) 558-8767/(812) 949-9200.