At GIE+EXPO 2016, Honda Power Equipment introduced two, all-new open frame inverter (OFI) generators and expanded its lineup of commercial lawn mowers with an all-new model.
* Generators: The new Honda EB2800i industrial model and EG2800i consumer model expand the company’s portable power offering for light construction and home use applications, delivering more of what Honda generator customers have come to expect: quiet operation, high-quality power, fuel efficiency, and long run times in a lightweight, portable package.
“Market demand for portable generators of less than 4,000 watts is growing, and Honda Power Equipment is meeting this demand by expanding its portfolio of quiet, portable power, with two new open-frame inverter models,” said Michael Rudolph, vice president – Honda Power Equipment Division. “The all-new Honda EB2800i and EG2800i models are Honda’s first generators to be assembled in the United States. Both new generators are the lightest weight open frame generator in their class and incorporate Honda’s leading inverter technology and innovative features at an affordable price for both industrial and home users.”
The Honda EB2800i industrial OFI generator, the newest addition to the Honda Industrial Series lineup, was developed to serve the contractor market, providing high-quality power for multiple tool use on the jobsite. At an industry-leading dry weight of less than 67 pounds, the EB2000i portable was designed with the single worker in mind. The new Honda generator is light enough for one person to load and unload from a truck, operate, and carry around the jobsite, all while providing ample power for a variety of tools, including small compressors, air circulation fans, large concrete drills, multiple hand tools, electric concrete vibrators, circular saws and battery chargers up to 2,800 watts. The Honda EB2800i complies with current OSHA and LA-ETL regulations while ensuring safe operation with GFCI protected receptacles.
For residential applications, the Honda EG2800i provides quiet operation and sufficient power to keep the basics running such as a refrigerator, freezer, furnace blower motor, several lights, microwaves and TVs during a power outage. The all-new Economy Series model weighs in at an industry-best dry weight of less than 67 pounds and comes equipped with a 30-amp/120-volt receptacle for easy connection to a home transfer switch.
Perhaps the most practical, yet important features of interest to consumers who are purchasing a generator is the amount and the quality of power produced by the unit. The Honda EB2800i and EG2800i models offer a maximum 2,800 watts of electricity with a wave form distortion factor of less than 5 percent. This translates into a generous amount of usable power available for a wide range of industrial and residential applications. Ease of use also is key for any portable generator, and these all-new open-frame inverter models include easy-start control panel instructions.
In addition, both the Honda EB2800i and EG2800i feature rugged, full-frame protection and share a number of features and benefits that make these portable units the ideal choice for quiet, dependable power:
* Commercial mower: The all-new Honda HRC216K3HDA boasts outstanding performance and reliability combined with reduced cost and weight. With the addition of this model to its lineup, Honda now offers three HRC models geared to the commercial lawn and garden market. The new HRC216K3HDA fits neatly between the current HRC models, the self-propelled HRC216K3HXA and the push model HRC216K3PDA.
“This new Honda self-propelled commercial mower expands the popular Honda HRC product line from two models to three, offering more choices of premium, reliable Honda lawn mowers to the professional landscape market,” said Michael Rudolph, vice president – Honda Power Equipment Division. “With reduced weight for better maneuverability, rugged, durable construction, and lower upfront costs, the new Honda HRC216K3HDA commercial mower is a smart choice for lawn and landscape professionals.”
The Honda HRC216K3HDA lawn mower is designed from the inside out for simple starting, easy operation and quick stopping, featuring a host of advanced technologies that users will appreciate.
- Easy start, easy stop: The new model allows the user to save time by starting the engine while standing behind the mower, and the flywheel brake safety system stops the engine and blades when the user lets go of the brake lever on the handle.
- Commercial-grade power: The fuel-efficient Honda GXV160 commercial engine is the source of powerful, quiet operation with superior noise control for operator comfort. At the same time, the precision speed control of the Honda GXV160 engine saves time by maintaining consistent speed across all mowing conditions. The mower’s hydrostatic transmission includes a heavy-duty automotive-style shaft drive that eliminates the belt that can slip or wear out.
- Superior cutting performance: The exclusive Honda MicroCut Twin Blade System offers four cutting surfaces to produce finer clippings, and the mower can be adjusted to eight different heights suitable to all types of grass and mowing conditions.
- Commercial-grade design: The outside of the Honda HRC216K3HDA features a rugged 21-inch steel deck with front axle and bumper protection for additional structural stability and durability. Completing the package are ergonomic heavy-duty steel piped reinforced handles designed for strength and operator comfort.
- Lightweight maneuverability: The dry weight of 117 pounds and operating weight of 121 pounds make the HRC216K3HDA easy to maneuver.
- Commercial warranty: The mower is backed by the Honda one-year commercial warranty (one year for the frame, two years for the engine) and a two-year warranty for homeowners.
For more information on these and other Honda products, visit powerequipment.honda.com.