At GIE+EXPO 2016, Kawasaki introduced the latest member of its growing family of engines using the most technologically advanced electronic fuel injection (EFI) system ever built by the company. The all-new FX850V-EFI incorporates a fully integrated electronic governor (e-Gov) and an advanced ECU that instantly matches power to cutting load and ground speed. These new features will allow professional landscapers to mow lawns more efficiently with the performance and reliability they have come to expect from Kawasaki.
Developed specifically with the commercial market in mind, the all-new Kawasaki EFI system is available on select models of the FX Series and FS Series engines, with plans to incorporate it in additional models. The FX850V-EFI joins two other units that currently employ the user-friendly EFI system: FX730V-EFI and FS730V-EFI.
Commercial usage has demanding needs, and this system responds with features focused on those needs. Helping to avoid typical hillside-mowing slowdowns, the load-matching e-Gov system keeps drive wheels and cutting blades working at peak productivity. The elimination of power loss through the entire load range lets operators move quickly through almost any turf conditions. Kawasaki’s outstanding cutting power allows users to cover wider areas at a faster pace, serving up uniform results.
Designed to provide the utmost in support to professional landscapers, these powerplants — ranging from 25.5 hp. to the 29.5-hp. output in the new FX850V-EFI — are feature-laden entries in Kawasaki’s already strong family of engines.
Among some of the design and operational highlights:
- Multi-port sequential fuel injection for high-precision fuel delivery, maximizing power per stroke and fuel economy
- High-pressure “returnless” fuel system offers consistent fuel delivery and smooth operations in high temperature situations
- An ECU that continuously monitors ambient conditions and engine performance, delivering optimum power and efficiency in all situations, regardless of weather conditions
- No need for cold-start choke, automatic enrichment to ensure fast, dependable starts in any type of weather — cold or hot, wet or dry
- Engine temperature monitoring guards against overheating while protecting the landscapers’ investment
- Optimum blade tip speed — critical to reducing the need for re-cuts — is aided via the system’s power/load matching, which helps make for a clean cut on the first go-around.
The open-loop design is at the core of this system’s reliability for tough commercial use. And furthering Kawasaki’s approach to simplifying the job for commercial applications, the all-new EFI is matched by a PC or tablet plug-in diagnostic system for quick and easy troubleshooting, accurate service, and helping to minimize downtime. Kawasaki maintained the same footprint as its carbureted engine models, so upgrading to EFI is clean and easy.
Similar to all Kawasaki engines, the EFI engines feature SAE-certified Critical Power, ensuring that engines deliver a minimum of 98 percent of rated horsepower for the needed productivity commercial users can count on.