First off, EDA developed, with two of its industry partners, ARI Network Services and Team SI, a series of six webinars specifically designed for outdoor power equipment dealers. The focus of the webinars is to assist OPE dealers with the challenges of digital marketing and website management. The first webinar is set to kick-off Aug. 17 and will run through January 2018 with one webinar being produced each month. Here are the webinar topics and dates:
- Thursday, Aug. 17 — Team SI: Understanding the Customer Journey to Online Purchase
- Thursday, Sept. 21 — ARI: Charting Your Digital Marketing Game Plan
- Thursday, Oct. 26 — Team SI: Your Website: The Foundation of all Your Marketing
- Thursday, Nov. 16 — ARI: SEO for Beginners: Best Practices & Successful Tactics
- Thursday, Dec. 14 — Team SI: The Power of Data-Driven Marketing using TraDigital
- Thursday, Jan. 18 — ARI: Online Advertising 101: Build Paid Campaigns that Drive ROI
Note: All webinars will begin promptly at noon (CST).
In September, EDA staff will be attending the Cub Cadet Dealer Convention in Nashville, Tenn. Cub Cadet is expecting record attendance at this year’s convention, so this will provide an excellent opportunity to meet with dealers from across North America and discuss important OPE industry issues and how EDA and the regional associations work on behalf of OPE dealers.
In October, EDA will again have a prominent presence at GIE+EXPO as joint host of the Dealer Resource Center with the United Equipment Dealers Association and Bob Clements International. Please drop by the EDA booth in the Dealer Resource Center.
As a complement to our webinar series, EDA will host two workshops in the Dealer Resource Center:
- Thursday, Oct. 19 — Understanding the Customer Journey to Online Purchase
- Friday, Oct. 20 — Charting Your Digital Marketing Game Plan
Other Dealer Resource Center Workshops will feature dealership operational topics such as expense control strategies; labor rate establishment; year-end tax planning opportunities; dealership expansion; and positioning your dealership to sell.
Finally, the EDA OPE Dealer Council will be meeting at GIE+EXPO. If you have any topics or issues you would like the council to address, please forward them to Joe Dykes, VP of industry relations, at email@example.com.