On February 26, the third annual America’s Main Streets contest kicked off to help consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes. America’s Main Streets play an important role in the long-term success of communities and help build a sense of place reinforcing this year’s theme: “Local Memories. Lasting Impact.” Independent We Stand is inviting the public to nominate and vote for their favorite Main Street — whether it’s making a comeback or never lost its staying power.
“Our Independent We Stand America’s Main Streets contest shines a light on the pride business owners and communities take in their Main Streets,” said Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “We know small businesses on these Main Streets help them thrive and have a measurable economic impact. This contest is a chance to share those stories with people from coast-to-coast.”
All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com
In the spirit of the contest, the Independent We Stand team hits the road for the “Great American River Road Trip” starting March 12, visiting five iconic Main Streets in five states in five days. The team will stop in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minn.; Davenport, Iowa; Cape Girardeau, Mo.; Memphis, Tenn. and Baton Rouge/New Orleans, La. to celebrate the contest, as well as interview and engage with small businesses, their customers, Main Street groups and small business organizations. Follow their journey on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- February 26 to April 22: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
- March 12-16: “Great American River Road Trip”
- April 30 to May 27: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
- June 4: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- Stihl Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of Stihl equipment good at any Stihl dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- Special plaque for winner to proudly display