With more than 117,000 total votes cast for 303 entrants during the nomination phase of the 2018 America’s Main Streets contest, Independent We Stand is pleased to announce the quarterfinalists and the next phase of the contest. The goal of the contest is to draw attention to Main Streets throughout the country and their small businesses that not only provide a sense of place in our cities and towns but also play a large role in the lasting success of local economies. The theme of the contest this year is “Local Memories. Lasting Impact.”
Rooted as a movement of independent business owners across the country, Independent We Stand invites the public to vote now to help one of these deserving quarterfinalists get another step closer to winning a $25,000 grand prize.
Semifinalist voting begins April 30 and runs through May 27. The top ten semifinalists will be announced May 28 and the winner of the “America’s Main Streets” contest will be announced June 4.
The 2018 quarterfinalists in alphabetical order are:
- Belleville Main Street, Belleville, Ill.
- Benicia Main Street, Benicia, Calif.
- Bridge Street Ashtabula, Ashtabula, Ohio
- Cedar Lee, Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- Clarence Main Street, Clarence, Iowa
- Collierville, TN, Collierville, Tenn.
- Congress Street, York, S.C.
- Downtown Great Falls, Great Falls, Mont.
- Downtown Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Ill.
- Downtown Jeffersonville, Jeffersonville, Ind.
- Downtown Rochester, Rochester, Mich.
- Downtown Smithfield, Smithfield, N.C.
- Downtown Statesville, Statesville, N.C.
- Downtown Tupelo Main Street, Tupelo, Miss.
- East Troy, WI, East Troy, Wis.
- Edenton, North Carolina, Edenton, N.C.
- Fulton Street, Fresno, Calif.
- Hillsboro Main Street, Hillsboro, Texas
- Logansport, Indiana, Logansport, Ind.
- Lost Nation Main Street, Lost Nation, Iowa
- Main Street Covington, Covington, Ga.
- Main Street Hayward, Hayward, Wis.
- Main Street Texarkana, Texarkana, Texas
- Market Street Mt. Carmel, Mount Carmel, Ill.
- New London, New London, Minn.
- April 30 to May 27: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalists voting
- May 28: Top ten semifinalists announced
- June 4: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
- July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event on the winning Main Street; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL equipment certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social media recognition
- Special plaque for winner to proudly display
To vote for quarterfinalists in “America’s Main Streets” contest visit MainStreetContest.com.