The United Equipment Dealers Association (UEDA) announced its upcoming Area Meetings for owners, general managers, branch managers, department managers and HR personnel.
The meetings will be as follows:
- August 7, Columbus, Ohio
- August 8, Wooster, Ohio
- August 9, Perrysburg, Ohio
- August 14, Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
- August 15, South Bend, Inc.
- August 16, Louisville, Ky.
The agenda includes the following:
- Tax Audits, OSHA Audits, DOL Audits, and EPA Audits: Get the latest updates on industry audits – what is being investigated, how to handle audits, and best practices to minimize audits.
- “South Dakota v. Wayfair” Supreme Court ruling and Tax Reform – how these impact you: Learn how your interstate transactions just got more complicated – as well as the benefits and pitfalls of the recent Federal Tax Reform Act as it affects our industry.
- Drive S.A.F.E.R – keeping your company out of court: Liability claims related to company vehicles continue to increase, and with them, insurance premiums. Learn how to instill a culture of safety in your business, how to reduce your company’s exposure to litigation – and the court of negative public opinion. Simple-to-use management tools and valuable resources will be available to all attendees.
- HR Issues: Even with the introduction of the Affordable Care Act, the cost of health care benefits continue to rise. Learn how minimize premiums, reduce the claims red tape for your employees, and potentially increase your benefits. Recent developments in overtime regulations, marijuana initiatives, workplace discrimination, and workplace development (filling the pipeline) will also be addressed. Other Issues on the Agenda: Right to Repair; Telematics; Trucking regulations overview; eLogs and cargo securement; UEDA Online Learning Center; Online OPE Flat Rate Guide; Dealer-Manufacturer relations; Association legal hotlines; Lawn and Rural Eq. Expo (LAREE); Credit card rule changes; Fraud and scam alerts; and Association benefits overview.
For more information about the upcoming Area Meetings, click here.