Charter Software Inc., maker of the ASPEN Business Management System, has partnered with MSI Data to deliver its Service Pro field service management solution to servicing and precision ag dealers who perform equipment or product installations, repair, planned or preventive maintenance, inspection, and other field services.
“We are excited to be able to extend ASPEN’s current field service management functionality through this partnership. Providing rich mobile services like MSI’s Service Pro is a key piece of our overall product vision, and partnering with MSI will help us advance our capabilities,” said Charter Software President/CEO Anne Salemo. “Charter believes that mobile service as an extension of the shop, whether working on rental units to increase uptime, or getting customers equipment up and running as quickly as possible, will give our dealers and distributors a competitive advantage.”
Through the MSI Data partnership, ASPEN’s current field services will expand to include:
- Visibility to where a service tech, customers’ or rental equipment is at any time using telematics.
- Proactive notifications to the dealer when machine maintenance intervals and additional telematics information are available.
- Mobile forms that allow technicians to perform inspections in the field.
- The ability for dealers to respond to service requests in real-time, increasing field resource utilization that improves service cash flow. and
- More effective and timely customer communications. Customers will receive real-time mobile service status updates indicating things like when a technician is en route and/or service work is complete.
“Charter Software has proven its commitment to helping equipment dealers succeed in field service with comprehensive, integrated service, work order and parts management tools,” said Harvey Shovers, MSI president. “MSI is delighted to partner with Charter to offer ASPEN customers advanced mobile, scheduling, inspection and other field service automation capabilities for improved responsiveness and efficiency in repair and maintenance operations.”