The Equipment Dealers Association (EDA) announced that Kathy Robinson, J.D., Benefits Advisor with the Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA), an agency of the Department of Labor (DOL), will be hosting a webinar for EDA members on October 4, 2018 at 9 a.m. Central.
Robinson’s presentation will cover Fiduciary Responsibilities for Defined Benefit and Contribution Retirement Plans. This seminar will provide employers and plan officials with an understanding of the law and their responsibilities. It will focus on steps for avoiding the most common problems the EBSA encounters. The program emphasizes the obligation of plan sponsors and other fiduciaries to:
- Understand the terms of their plans
- Select and monitor service providers carefully
- Make timely contributions to fund benefits
- Avoid prohibited transactions
- Make timely disclosures to workers and their beneficiaries and reports to the government
- Understand fee disclosures
There will be time for Q&A with Robinson following her presentation. Register here!