The 74th annual National Hardware Show (NHS) will take place Tuesday, May 7, through Thursday, May 9, in the Las Vegas Convention Center, and will deliver an exciting and enhanced experience for retailers, manufacturers and key media to explore the latest trends shaping the future of the home improvement industry. The Show opens daily at 9 a.m. and closes at 5 p.m., except for Thursday, which will close at 1 p.m. The event is open to buyers, retailers, members of the trade and press. “The National Hardware Show provides an unmatched experience for industry professionals with access to the latest innovations, retail trends and business solutions in the home improvement arena,” said Rich Russo, industry vice president for the National Hardware Show. “Each year we provide a top-of-the-line experience for buyers; but in 2019, we’re ratcheting up the level of excitement with new buying and sourcing opportunities, new and expanded product categories and more. It’s going to be a great show, and you won’t want to miss it.”
Industry-leading exhibitors and insights
NHS boasts more than 2,500 exhibitors across more than 15 product categories including hardware and tools, homewares, smart home technology, lawn and garden, outdoor living, tailgating essentials, and tiny living – the newest category to NHS in 2019. NHS attendees will get a firsthand look today at the products that their customers will be asking for tomorrow.
Once registered, attendees will also have access to the North American Retail Hardware Association (NRHA) All-Industry Conference. The NRHA conference is a series of educational seminars and networking opportunities. This event combines the benefits of two of the home improvement industry’s premier gatherings in one place. Designed for retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and industry professionals alike, the conference lineup offers valuable insights into industrywide topics, including omnichannel retailing, the ever-changing consumer, generational trends and more.
In addition to offering a variety of sections that mirror trending home categories, NHS offers several interactive experiences that are both informative and fun. The latest and greatest in grilling, outdoor living and more can be found in the Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ section. This interactive experience gives attendees the opportunity to touch, feel and even demo their dream grills and outdoor products, while also tasting some classic tailgate snacks. Offering inspiration, products and themes, this section is the perfect stop for those looking to upgrade their outdoor space or tailgate offerings for their customers. Don’t miss the Annual Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ Party taking place Wednesday, May 8 from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. This can’t-miss annual party is open to all NHS exhibitors and attendees and will feature free food, drinks, live music and more.
New in 2019, Tiny Living @ NHS will give attendees an exclusive look at the tiny home building process and the products specifically made for these homes. It is the only event where builders, developers, product/service providers, government officials, retailers, non-profits and other real estate professionals can network with more than 30,000 hardware, building supply and other industry professionals and discover companies – new and recognized – that specialize in products and services focused on tiny living needs and trends. Tiny Living @ NHS will also feature the Small Build & Construction Technology Conference, which includes two full days of seminars on the most relevant topics impacting the industry today and networking with the world’s leading professionals in this market segment.
These featured areas at the National Hardware Show are where you will find the newest products and trends across a variety of dedicated product categories.
- NHS Awards– The NHS Awards program has been redesigned for 2019. All of the products showcased exemplify innovation, uniqueness and value, and will be on display for attendees in the Featured Product Gallery. The 2019 NHS Awards will have first, second, and third place winners in each of the following product categories: Homewares (including Smart Home), Hardware & Tools, Lawn, Garden & Outdoor Living/Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ, Paint & Accessories and Plumbing & Electrical.
- New Product Launch– In New Product Launch, you’ll discover new products that have not yet hit the market, have no pre-negotiations, no pre-sales or exclusives, representing a variety of product categories. The New Product Launch Awards feature winning products, voted on by a panel of industry judges.
- Made in the USA– Attendees celebrate Made in USA exhibitors and the latest products and trends that are primarily manufactured in the USA in this dedicated product display. With the increased focus on domestic production, the Made in the USA area is not-to-miss.
- Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Recovery– An emergency can happen anywhere, anytime. This product display features the latest products on the market that your store should be stocked with for consumers in the case of an emergency.
- Inventors Spotlight– Inventors Spotlight Awards display features products not yet on the market to give you an inside look at what may be the next big product or service to revolutionize the home improvement industry. Inventors also have the opportunity to meet with buyers and potential investors to get feedback on their products.
- The Backyard Marketplace– The Backyard Marketplace is a must-see destination celebrating your favorite outdoor lifestyle products. Located in Tailgate, Backyard & BBQ, the Backyard Marketplace is the primary stop where you can find it all–shade, drinks, a hydration station, food, music, entertainment and featured brands with products that are leaders and trending in the outdoor lifestyle category.
- Interactive Smart Home– Featuring leading products in this developing trend, the Interactive Smart Home allows attendees to be hands-on in a demonstrative way. A realistic experience, the Interactive Smart Home is just how it sounds – interactive. This real home structure on the show floor will display NHS exhibitors with products and services that are moving the smart home trend forward.
Registration for the 2019 show is now open and members of the industry, retailers, as well as members of the press, are encouraged to sign up now and experience everything that the National Hardware Show has to offer. For more information and to stay informed on the latest updates to this year’s National Hardware Show, visit www.nationalhardwareshow.com.
NHS announces True Value Company President and CEO John Hartmann as keynote speaker
The National Hardware Show (NHS) announced True Value Company President and Chief Executive Officer, John Hartmann, as a keynote speaker at the upcoming show. Hartmann’s keynote presentation will take place on the morning of Tuesday, May 7, on the stage in the NRHA Village located in the Central Hall lobby immediately following the show’s opening ceremony.
“Our industry is rapidly changing, and the National Hardware Show is the perfect place for both retailers and manufacturers to come together to address this transformation,” said Hartmann. “I’m honored to discuss how the independent hardware retailer is well positioned for growth and profitability at the show.”
Entitled “Unlocking True Value,” Hartmann’s address will highlight how returning the majority of its members’ equity has offered retailers the opportunity to invest in their business as they know best and how a new company structure has enabled True Value to accelerate strategic investments without cutting into retailers’ profits.
Hartmann has more than 25 years of corporate experience at the senior executive level. Hartmann joined True Value in 2013, and led the company through the creation and implementation of a strategic plan focused on critical reinvestments in the business to drive growth and profitability for True Value Company and the independent retailers it serves. Most recently, he led the company through a change in business structure to unlock more than $230 million of shareholders’ equity, and establish True Value as the only hardlines wholesale distributor with a globally recognized brand and no stock requirement. Previously, Hartmann served as chief executive officer at New Zealand-based cooperative Mitre 10. He also spent nine years in business development and operational roles at The Home Depot and HD Supply.
“We are honored to welcome John Hartmann as one of our keynote speakers,” said Rich Russo, industry vice president for the National Hardware Show. “John’s extensive experience will inspire exciting conversation between retailers and manufacturers about the ever-changing hardware and home landscape. NHS will most definitely be a must-attend place for our industry to learn about trends and innovations in the hardware space and beyond.”