At the annual meeting of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) in June, its members elected the 2021-22 board of directors, adding Mike Clancy, CEO of Chervon North America, as a new member of the board.
The full 2021-22 Executive Committee includes:
- Chair Tom Duncan, executive board member, Positec USA;
- Vice chair Joe Wright, president and CEO, Excel Industries;
- Secretary/treasurer: Brian Melka, group president – Power, Kohler Co.;
- Immediate past chair Rick Olson, chairman and CEO, The Toro Company;
- GIE+EXPO show chairman Dan Ariens, chairman and CEO, Ariens Company; and
- Kris Kiser, president, OPEI and the TurfMutt Foundation.
Rounding out the OPE board are: Mike Clancy, CEO, Chervon North America; Tim Dorsey, president, Echo Incorporated; Bjoern Fischer, president, STIHL; Peter Hampton, president and CEO, Active Exhaust Corporation; Robert McCutcheon, president, Husqvarna North America; Tim Merrett, vice president, Turf and Compact Utility Business Unit, Deere and Company; Rob Moll, CEO, MTD; Lee Sowell, president, outdoor products, Techtronic Industries Power Equipment; Will Walton, III, business unit head, vice president, Honda Power Equipment.
“Our record sponsor support, and the significant member attendance is evidence that the industry is back, and bodes well for Expo this October,” says Kiser. “We have several in-person meetings slated at our Alexandria headquarters building and are looking forward to a successful tradeshow this fall in Louisville.”
Next year’s annual OPEI meeting will be held in San Juan, Puerto Rico, June 21-23, 2022.