Although service sales remained positive in all regions in June, drops in wholegoods and parts sales in nearly every region took their toll in overall sales numbers for OPE dealerships across the U.S. as well as Canada. Among U.S. dealerships, only those in the South region managed to not show overall negative sales numbers in June 2021 compared to June 2020.
U.S. numbers for June 2021 versus June 2020:
- Wholegoods sales were down 6 percent (down 29 percent in Canada);
- Parts sales were down 9 percent (down 14 percent in Canada); and
- Service sales were up 28 percent (up 32 percent in Canada).
Looking at the numbers by region:
- Dealers in the South region reported no growth (0 percent) in overall sales in June 2021 versus June 2020;
- Dealers in the West reported a 7-percent decrease in overall sales in June;
- Dealers in the Midwest reported a 10-percent decrease in overall sales in June;
- Dealers in the Northeast also reported a 10-percent decrease in overall sales in June; and
- Canadian dealers reported a 24-percent decrease in overall sales in June 2021.
Service sales: Dealers in all regions reported positive service-sales numbers, with the Midwest region leading the way (43-percent increase in sales in June 2021).
Wholegoods sales: Dealers in the South reported a 1-percent increase in wholegoods sales in June 2021 versus 2021; they were, however, the only region to report an increase in wholegood sales.
Parts sales: All regions reported negative parts-sales numbers in June.
The data is pulled from more than 1,200 OPE dealerships that use Constellation’s Ideal and c-Systems and Charter DMS products; the composite data compares same store sales stats from June 2021 versus June 2020. Constellation Data Solutions collects the data and provides it exclusively for readers of OPE Business.
May 2021 numbers can be found here.
States in each region are as follows:
Midwest: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin
Northeast: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont
South: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington DC
West: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming
Constellation Data Solutions is a division of Constellation Dealership Group.
CONSTELLATION DATA SOLUTIONS