Independent We Stand has launched the sixth annual America’s Main Streets contest, “Road to Recovery.” The three-month long web-driven contest helps consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes.
“Independent We Stand wants to help locally owned businesses not just survive the pandemic, but thrive in their communities,” says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “After the massive nationwide shutdowns due to Covid, we recognize the pride business owners take in their Main Streets, and we want to help share those stories through our contest. It’s more important now than ever, to get behind these businesses with our support.”
STIHL Inc. is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest. STIHL chooses to never to sell products at big box stores, but instead sell only via its 10,000+ authorized local dealers nationwide. Supporting contest sponsors include: Do it Best Corp., Nationwide Marketing Group, North American Hardware and Paint Association and Tmbr Flooring.
All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com beginning at 10 a.m. EST on September 13. Important upcoming dates include:
- September 13 – November 7: Nominations and quarterfinalist voting;
- November 15 – December 12: Semifinalist voting;
- December 20: America’s Main Streets “Road to Recovery” winner announced;
- February 14, 2022: “Show Your Main Streets Some Love” event; America’s Main Streets “Road to Recovery” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize.
In addition to the $25,000 grand prize, additional contest prizes include:
- STIHL equipment certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL Dealer in the United States.
- Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
- Tmbr Flooring $500 shopping spree
- Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
- Public relations and social-media recognition
- A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
INDEPENDENT WE STAND