The organization formerly known as the Outdoor Power Equipment Aftermarket Association (OPEAA) has rebranded as the Outdoor Power Parts and Accessories Association (OPPAA). The name and branding change were announced at the organization’s 35th annual meeting in St. Augustine, Florida.
“It’s time to reshape and refocus our organization to better serve a larger portion of the industry,” says John Joensen, OPPAA president.
The association’s mission and strategic goals will remain “to protect the integrity of outdoor power equipment parts and accessories manufacturers and distributors,” the OPPAA states, “but allow us to more broadly address accessories and replacement parts throughout the industry; position ourselves for organizational inclusion and growth; and increase member value with a broader perspective and resources.”
“As the industry has evolved, so has the association, and we’re excited for this next chapter in the organization’s history,” says Donny Desjarlais, the association’s immediate past president.
The new OPPAA Board of Directors includes:
- President: John Joensen, Gardner, Inc.
- Vice President: Darold Dunham, Power Distributors
- Secretary/Treasurer: Scott Rutledge, Medart Engine
- Immediate Past President: Donny Desjarlais, Oregon Tool
- Director: Mark Errick, D. E. Errick, Inc.
- Director: Alex Webb, Hoosier Wheel
- Director: John Bauersfeld, Stens
- Director: Todd McMahon, Rotary
- Director: Jim Depolo, VP Racing Fuels