John Deere is now offering a new AutoTrac Ready option for select full-size Gator Utility Vehicles, giving users hands-free steering capabilities and increased versatility.
“John Deere is enabling the productivity gains farmers have seen while using AutoTrac technology on their tractors and integrating it into a smaller, more nimble machine – a Gator Utility Vehicle,” says Maureen McCormack, go-to-market manager, Gator Utility Vehicles for John Deere.
The company states that AutoTrac Ready Gator Utility Vehicles are now available from the factory and come equipped with the necessary wiring harness and brackets for John Deere technology hardware. Customers can order a 4640 Universal Display and StarFire 7000 Receiver to be added to their Gator, or they can repurpose units they already own. After activating their subscription, users can use hands-free steering to reduce overlap, improve operator and input efficiency, and decrease operator fatigue.
The AutoTrac Ready option can be ordered on model-year 2023 John Deere 835/865 cab units including the XUV835M HVAC, XUV835R, XUV835R Signature Edition, XUV865M HVAC, XUV865R and the XUV865R Signature Edition.
In addition, John Deere is now including the following features in the base price for full-size Gator Utility Vehicles for MY23:
- Factory-installed side mirrors to improve visibility on cab vehicles;
- Spray-in liner in the cargo box for added durability on M- and R-trim vehicles;
- Cargo box power lift for easy dumping on all R-trim models;
- Brake and taillights for added visibility on M- and R-trim vehicles;
- Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 extreme-terrain radial tires on steel wheels on M-trim vehicles; and
- Predator Heavy-Duty all-terrain radial tires on alloy wheels on R-trim vehicles.
All E- and M-trim vehicles come from the factory with black vinyl bench seats. R-trim units feature stone cloth bench and black vinyl bench options. All Signature Edition models come equipped with a genuine leather bench seat. Previously used yellow and bucket seat options have been discontinued on full size vehicles.
AutoTrac Ready Gator Utility Vehicles are available for pre-order now, notes the company, with limited availability beginning later this year.