Briggs & Stratton has announced the launch of its new Vanguard 7kWh Diecast Commercial Battery. The company reports that its 7kWh pack was produced as a result of OEM requests for a flexible battery solution that can be utilized in a wider variety of OEM applications including turf, golf and recreation.
“Vanguard is committed to being the premier power solutions provider to our OEM partners. The best way we can do that is to invest in cutting-edge technology that can be easily integrated into the equipment that makes our world run smoothly,” says Chris Davison, senior marketing manager, electrification at Briggs & Stratton. “By placing a greater emphasis on electrification and adding solutions like the 7kWh pack, we are solidifying that commitment and setting both our customers and Vanguard up for ongoing success.”
Building on the design of the company’s 3.8kWh Commercial Battery, the pack’s Cellular Module Assembly (CMA) units are packed and protected in a diecast aluminum casing to provide ultimate durability and maximum protection against extreme temperatures, impact, vibration, moisture and dirt, notes Vanguard. The battery utilizes Lithium-Ion chemistry and technology to ensure reliable performance and features a Battery Management System that monitors voltage and temperature to assure safe and efficient operations.
Other features of the new 7kWh battery include:
- With a compact footprint, the battery delivers more power in a smaller package and can be scaled in parallel with additional Vanguard battery packs to meet larger equipment power needs.
- The battery can be fully charged in less than eight hours, and has a charging temperature range of -10°C to 50°C.
- Because it includes the battery, charger and BMS all in one complete solution, the 7kWh Commercial Battery is easily integrated into OEM equipment.
- The battery features a dual CANbus communication protocol that allows OEMs to communicate with the battery’s J1939 (automotive standard) CANbus and uses the second CANbus to communicate with any existing communication network without having to reprogram a legacy system.
- The 7kWh Commercial Battery is designed for a life of up to 2,000 cycles with minimal scheduled maintenance needs.