Mowing Magic has entered into an agreement with Mammotion to sell its robotic lawn mowers in the United States. With this announcement, MowingMagic, based in Charlottesville, Virginia, becomes one of the first U.S. companies to distribute the Chinese company’s robotic mowers.
Mammotion’s Luba model is a perimeter wire-free robot lawn mower that has had a successful Kickstarter campaign just recently ended.
“We are very excited about our new relationship with Mammotion,” says Jason Kelley, the owner of Mowing Magic. “Their technology is some of the best in the industry and we know that our customers are going to love it.”
Mammotion launched the Luba robotic mower line in the spring of 2022, followed by its first live demonstrations during the spoga+gafa trade fair in Cologne, Germany, in June. In February of this year, the company expanded its Luba Series lineup and showcased its mowers at the recent National Hardware Show in Las Vegas.
Designed specifically for residential use, the Luba features:
- No perimeter cables required, creates a quick and simple set-up without the need to dig or bury wires. Its advanced RTK system ensures precision positioning within 2cm of accuracy, the company reports.
- Intuitive all-wheel drive system with in-wheel motors and rugged tires, enabling Luba to traverse a variety of mowing zones and climb up to a 75-percent slope.
- Smart obstacle avoidance relies on a four-ultrasonic radar sensor system, detecting and avoiding objects as small as 2 inches.
- Multi-zone management efficiently maps different zones and allows users to automate specified tasks and requirements in Mammotion app for each zone, including mowing date/time, cutting plate height and cutting route.
- Auto recharging – the mower will automatically return to the charging dock when the battery is low and then resume the paused session once it’s 85-percent charged; allowing up to 5000㎡ to be mowed daily.
- Real-time, anti-theft monitoring provides accurate and precise tracking to automatically lock Luba if it’s taken out of its existing boundary. The GPS tracking function allows users to track Luba in real time and users will be notified of potential theft in real time with an alert via the Mammotion app.
Mowing Magic has made the Luba available for purchase on its website.