ASV has introduced two new compact track loaders – the VT-100 and VT-100 Forestry Posi-Track. The VT-100 compact track loader is a vertical lift machine designed to excel in loading and grading applications in landscaping and construction, while the VT-100 Forestry is suited for mulching, right-of-way clearance, site prep and more.
Both the VT-100 and VT-100 Forestry come equipped with a 103.5-horsepower Tier 4 Final Yanmar diesel engine and standard 40 gpm high flow. The loaders feature large line sizes, hydraulic coolers and direct-drive pumps that transfer more flow and pressure directly to the attachment and reduce power loss. The VT-100 features a 3,500-pound rated operating capacity and 10,286-pound tipping load, while the VT-100 Forestry includes a 3,700-pound rated operating capacity and a 10,571-pound tipping load.
The models also feature ASV’s Posi-Track rubber track suspension. The dual-level suspension features both suspended wheels and axles, allowing it to manage various types of terrain at faster speeds. The suspended wheels and fully flexible track conform to the ground, ensuring maximum ground contact and traction.
Other features and highlights of the VT-100 and VT-100 Forestry Posi-Track:
Performance – Thenew models include several optional efficiency-enhancing features to improve the operator experience and overall productivity:
* The load-sensing system offers improved efficiency and fuel savings. The system regulates the 40-gpm hydraulic pump, so it only produces what’s necessary to complete the work.
* The work-tool positioner allows operators to create a preset for the angle of the attachment based on the task at hand, allowing return to position at the push of a button. Similarly, return-to-position technology allows operators to set a designated height for the loader arms. The features can be paired together or used independently.
* Self-leveling technology uses dual-direction capabilities to automatically level the load both while raising the loader arms and while lowering them. Speed-sensitive ride control offers operators enhanced material retention at higher speeds without needing to actively switch the feature off while switching to more slow-moving applications.
* The Auto 2-speed feature allows the compact track loader to shift automatically between low and high-speed modes, providing improved control for working in tight places, grading or in other applications.
* The compact track loaders offer travel speeds up to 9.3 mph and a low 4.0 psi ground pressure.
Comfort, operator experience, more – Thenew models offer 360-degree visibility and a state-of-the-art 7-inch color display for improved convenience on the jobsite. The color display provides vital monitoring tools, shows the view from the backup camera, and integrates with service schedules and history. Other features include a standard fully adjustable suspended seat and a removable roof hatch. The VT-100 Forestry also features forestry-rated guarding around the light and radiator as well as a built-in limb riser.
Both models also offer optional remote-control capabilities. Available as a factory or field-install option, the remote allows operators to control the loader from a distance with a harness-mounted control box.
The new compact track loaders also incorporate Yanmar’s optional SmartAssist telematics system. SmartAssist features range from error detection and notification to real-time operational status updates and daily work reports. The telematics system also includes integrated theft protection.
Serviceability – Both models feature easily accessible daily checkpoints and removable skid plates for quick cleaning, plus three-panel engine access and a swing-out radiator that requires no tools to open. A 2-year, 2,000-hour warranty is standard, includes a no-derailment guarantee and covers the tracks for the entire warranty period.
“The introduction of these two new loaders reinforces our reputation as a compact track loader specialist,” says Buck Storlie, product manager for the ASV brand. “They are the perfect option for those looking for a little more power than the RT-75 without having to go to … the RT-135. The lifting capabilities, pushing power and hydraulic flow of the new VT-100 and VT-100 Forestry is sure to impress.”