The numbers are in: GIE+Expo returned in-person to Louisville, Kentucky, with an increase in attendees from all segments of the outdoor power equipment and lawn & garden industry.
The tradeshow drew 23,922 total attendees in 2021, an increase from the shows in 2019 and 2018, and introduced a new name and brand for the annual event. Equip Exposition was debuted as the name for the 2022 show, which will take place in Louisville, October 19-21, 2022.
“This year’s strong showing is huge for us and the industry as we look toward next year and the transition to Equip Exposition,” says Kris Kiser, president of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) and managing partner of the show. “The trade show remains the best place to connect with your peers, network, and gain a competitive business edge. We’re excited to evolve the show, and can’t wait to see everyone in Louisville October 19-21 next year.”
Education sessions also saw a dramatic increase in registrants, with a 47-percent increase over 2019 and a 92-percent increase over 2018, OPEI reports.
A few GIE+Expo attendees were fortunate to leave the show as prize winners, including:
- Chris Gregorius, C&R Lawn Service, Daphne, Alabama – UTV $15,000 winner;
- Cathy Holdeman, Run Right Power Equipment, Harmony, Minnesota – Stihl $5,000 winner;
- Howard Evans, Garden of Evans, Toano, Virginia – Landzie Swardman Reel Mower winner; and
- David Williamson, Aberdeen, Maryland – Bobcat ZT6000 commercial zero-turn mower.
Equip Exposition 2022 is set for October 19-21 and registration is now open at www.equipexposition.com. Plans are already underway to expand education opportunities and enhance the attendee and exhibitor experience in Louisville, including:
- Country singer Trace Adkins will headline the concert series;
- David Feherty, former professional golfer, will give the opening keynote;
- Bob Clements International, the Professional Grounds Management Society and others will host a series of educational workshops; and
- The TurfMutt Foundation will launch a Mulligan’s 5K and Fun Run in downtown Louisville.