Ariens Company has announced that it is adding to its equipment offerings with a new line of walk-behind mowers under the Ariens brand.
“We’re back in the walk business and in a big way,” says Andy Massignan, director of product for the residential market at AriensCo. “Our 21-inch walk mowers were designed by the AriensCo Team from the ground up using every bit of knowledge to create a premium product for those who may never need to step up to a zero-turn mower.”
The four-model Razor lineup includes a push; a front-wheel-drive self-propelled; a rear-wheel-drive self-propelled model with Reflexspeed-control technology; and a high-end Reflex model featuring a dual cutting blade with LaserEdge Eversharp self-sharpening technology. Each model has a deep steel deck for better mulching and more durability; users can mulch, bag or disperse clippings because the Razor mows the way the individual wants to mow, notes the company.
“This is a brand-new design bringing excellent cut quality while adding a premium feel and features backed by best-in-class warranties because our name is riding on it,” says Nicholas Ariens, executive vice president of the Americas region for AriensCo. “This is a natural extension for us. We have many consumers who love our Ariens Sno-Thros but wish we had a walk mower because they don’t have a large lawn. With this line, we can meet that need.”
All of the new Razor models feature:
- Powerful Briggs & Stratton engines – Large-displacement engines designed to tackle the toughest jobs.
- 3-in-1 design – Versatile to quickly convert between mulching, bagging or rear discharge.
- Deep, steel decks – 5.5-inches deep to deliver superior mulching results with 14-gauge steel strength.
- Dual-lever height adjustment – Quickly changes between seven positions from one- to four-inch heights.
- Quick-adjust folding handlebar – Three positions to fit operators of all heights with a simple turn of the knob. The handle can also be folded forward and locked to store.
- Large bagger with dust block – Two-bushel bagger carries more to reduce overall mowing time.
- Front bumper handle – Comfortable, integrated handle to help with lifting and moving.
- Two-year limited residential warranty on the engine – Plus, three-year limited warranties on certain models.
The Razor models with Reflex also feature:
- Pistol-grip handlebar with comfort grip – provides neutral positioning to ensure longer mow time; comfort grips eliminate pinch points.
- Reflex self-propelled rear wheel drive – speed-control technology matches the mower’s speed to the user’s pace between 1- and 4-mph.
- Vertical storage – Engines on these models include the Briggs & Stratton Mow ‘N Stow feature, allowing for the mower to be stored vertically, saving floor space.
- Four-year limited residential warranty on the machine – With a two-year limited residential warranty on the engine.
The Razor line-up will be available beginning in spring 2023 at Ariens dealers in the United States and Canada, as well as retail stores including Fleet Farm, Lowe’s, Northern Tool & Equipment and True Value in select markets.